The Most Pressing Question From Mums Who Want To Work From Home

I talk with a lot of mums, each week, who express the ambition to work at home or establish a work from home business. Some are new mums with pre-school aged kids, and others are juggling older children and a family at the same time as working a job. Talk about multi-tasking and being hectic, they know what it means! Interestingly, a lot of mums ponder whether they'd be ABLE to start their very own work from home business. For many, everything sounds 'too much', 'too difficult' or 'too challenging'...

I would like to share the question I get asked the most from 'wannabe' work at home mums:

Homes

How could I manage my kids, my home AND a new business?

Many mums don't see they already possess the skills necessary to do this. What mums with a new home-based business ought to do, is transfer their existing skills, and re-prioritize their time and resources, in a well organized way! Before I started my online business, I used to be a full-time mum, and this was my number one priority. My second priority was to support my husband and the family household, and I carried out all my responsibilities in a very spontaneous way. I need to say, my main priority hasn't changed. My kid's needs remain at the top of the list. But since I now have an online business which I work at each day, and I am still in charge of most aspects of maintaining a household, I have had to adapt the way I perform my many responsibilities.

Most importantly, I follow a detailed schedule. It's amazing how much more you can get done each day when you make yourself organized! I feel more IN CONTROL now than I ever did before having a home business! I've acquired new competencies to better determine my priorities and allocate my time and resources to them. I continue to have quality time with my kids. I work from home, so I have the ability to manage my work and my home almost seamlessly. And most significantly, I am now empowered to realize my goals at the same time as being in charge of my own schedule and chosen lifestyle. I do what works for ME, MY family, MY business, MY goals.

Allow me to share my thoughts in response to this common question: "How can I handle my kids, my home AND my own business?"

- Developing an online business while working around your children will require that you get very organized. Whether it is a new skill for you or not, it will require some fine-tuning over time until you discover what really works for you!

- Being mums, we are all great at multi-tasking! You should use those existing skills to be highly productive in managing your household, and create more time to focus on your home based business and your children.

- When you are clear on the lifestyle and income goals you would like to accomplish, and also you completely commit to achieving success as a mumpreneur, and you're confident that you have the right business vehicle to realize this, you will create a powerful drive to make it work!

- As you grow and develop new skills, you'll become more productive. You'll develop a schedule that lets you be 100% present within your primary tasks, including being a great mum and a focused business woman!

- If you permit yourself to take on personal and professional development, you'll empower yourself to realize amazing results in your personal life and home based business. Never underestimate the power of self-growth!

When you commit to your DREAMS, you will realize it is all worth it! Working for yourself could be the scariest, greatest challenge you ever undertake. But aren't your dreams well worth the challenge?

The Most Pressing Question From Mums Who Want To Work From Home

Justine Simard is an online business and network marketing coach. To learn from Justine Simard and tap into the most powerful and profitable marketing systems and online business industry, visit Home Business Opportunity. Also visit Justine Simard's Official Blog for Online Business Resources, internet marketing training, personal development and success strategies, and inspiration for online entrepreneurs.